Top 10 Favorite Book I Read Before I Was a Blogger
This week’s topic from the Broke and the Bookish is the Top 10 favorite books I read before I was a blogger. Well, I haven’t been blogging for very long, so I’m just basically going with ten of my favorites this week. Considering how much YA I read, it’s surprising how little I’m going to put on this list. But oh well, these are some that really affected me:
1. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer – I was already a vegetarian when I read this book, so I might have been a little bit biased. But I still think it’s a really good book for anyone interested in educating themselves a little more about the food industry and vegetarianism.
2. Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer – Oops, apparently I have two books by the same author on my list, but they are very different! This one is fiction!
3. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins – My husband recommended this book to me, and I loved it. I was going to read more by Tom Robbins after that, but I still haven’t gotten to it.
4. Room by Emma Donoghue – This book terrified me in a very personal, worst-fear kind of way, but it has a very original viewpoint and great writing.
5. Bossypants by Tina Fey – Oh, Tina Fey. I love you.
6. Lost in Shangri-la by Mitchell Zuckoff – Amazing true story. Very good book.
7. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain – I’ve mentioned this book before. I still want everyone to read it.
8. The Dog Stars by Peter Heller – This book is Beautifully written. One of my favorite postapocalyptic books, and I read many.
9. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan – I didn’t realize how much nonfiction was on this list, but I guess I’m a sucker for true stories. I also really like psychology, so this one was particularly interesting to me. And it made me a little paranoid about going crazy.
10. Every Day by David Levithan – Another one I’ve mentioned before that I want everyone to read, and the only YA book on this list… that must mean something!