Top 10 Books When I Need Something Light and Fun
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish, is Top 10 Books When You Need Something Light and Fun. This one is a little tough for me because I don’t read too many light and fun books. But here are some I feel like I could go to:
1. Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay – Cute, light teen love verse novel.
2. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – Nothing too serious in these; at least, nothing I take too seriously. They are easy reading and fairly entertaining if nothing else.
3. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion – Sweet zombie novel. Adorable, even.
4. The Terrible Thing That Happened to Barnaby Brocket by John Boyne – Super quirky, fun junior read, but I’d be hesitant to give it to actual kids. Not sure if they’d really get it.
5. The Tiger Saga series by Colleen Houck – Fun adventure/fantasy series with lots of romance with highly attractive young, immortal, Indian boys that can turn into tigers. Yum.
6. The Runaways series by Brian K. Vaughan – I love Brian K. Vaughan, and this series is really entertaining, a lighter graphic novel series.
7. The Invincible series by Robert Kirkman – Another pretty light graphic novel series that I’m quite enjoying.
8. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling – Mindy Kaling is awesome and hilarious, and I love her. That’s all there is to it.
9. Bossypants by Tina Fey – See above.
10. Binky the Space Cat by Ashley Spires – Good ol’ Binky. I’m sure he’ll make it onto plenty of these lists, but definitely fits for this one!