Top 10 Books Featuring Travel in Some Way
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday catagory hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Books Featuring Travel in Some Way. I had a hard time with this one. Nothing really came to mind. I guess I don’t read a whole lot books featuring travel, unless you count fantasy series! In light of this, I’m only going to post 5 today.
1. Winger by Andrew Smith – I just finished this book and I absolutely loved it, so I’m likely going to be adding it to a lot of my future lists. 😉 In this one, they Winger and Annie travel to her home in Portland. It’s one of the most peaceful times in the book.
2. The Girl with Borrowed Wings by Rinsai Rossetti – Boy with wings = travel anywhere you want to go! Nice!
3. The Terrible Thing that Happened to Barnaby Brocket by John Boyne – When Barnaby’s mom lets him float away, he gets to travel all over the world and meet some fantastic people in some amazing places.
4. The Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck – Kelsey follows her tiger to India, and into a lot of other adventures as well.
5. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – Jacob travels to a remote island off the coast of Whales to find the weird and creepy house where his grandfather once lived.
The only bad thing about these Tuesday Titles is I’m afraid my lists might overrun each other all the time. I feel like I’m constantly using the same books. I guess the only cure for that is read even more! 🙂